1. Suspected terrorists who are not allowed to purchase a plane ticket can legally purchase guns, including:
- Guns that can bring down a plane landing or taking off.
2. The gun industry is the only industry exempt from Federal regulation. (It used to be tobacco and guns, now it is just guns.)
- Guns are not registered.
- Gun owners are not licensed.
3. Guns do not have to be insured for the damage they do:
- Over the past 20 years, $100 Billion of our tax dollars have been been spent to pay for the costs of gun violence.
If you do not own a gun, why should your tax dollars pay for the cost of gun violence?
4. Criminals and people with mental illness
- Can go to any gun show and legally buy as many guns as they want.
- Can buy them through private sales.
- , who cannot legally buy a gun from a gun dealer:
5. Many states have passed laws allowing guns in restaurants, bars, schools, sporting arenas, workplace parking lots, airports and churches. The list keeps growing.
6. Guns can now be carried in National Parks and on Amtrak trains.
7. The NRA is trying to pass laws that:
- Allow people with Alzheimers to legally purchase guns.
- Allow soldiers diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome to legally purchase guns.
- Abolish gun free school zones.